Article 3000 kit
This article is the Rolls Royce of the black current series and combines articles 2000 and 1000.
All materials and auxiliary items necessary to manufacture the titanium dioxide photo electrodes are available. Prefabricated titanium dioxide photo electrodes (article 001) complete the article 3000 kit. In total 12 solar cells can be manufactured, assembled and electrically connected.
Manufacturing can be performed by as few as one person to as many as twelve as the manufacturing steps can be divided into several phases.
For sintering (baking) of the titanium dioxide photo electrodes a stove including fuel is included. Instead of the stove a simple clay oven can be used. The temperature of the oven should be 450 º C. A multimeter to measure voltage, current and electrical resistance is also included.
The kit is completed with a calculator and a sound chip to demonstrate the functioning of the manufactured solar cells.
In the full colour manual included the following issues are addressed:
- Overview of contents
- Preparation and manufacturing of the solar cells
- Spreading the titaniumdioxide solution
- Measurement of the solar cells
- Use of the solar cells in combination with a calculator and a sound chip
- Experiments with different dyes
- Recycling of the solar cells to conduct further experiments